To celebrate the 2020 peach season, the Boulder County Farmers Market collaborated with Front Range favorite, Pizzeria Locale, on a “Mercato Salad” with peaches, burrata, mustard greens and pancetta. Give the recipe a try in gratitude to Colorado’s farmers!
Author: Chef John Sismanis, Pizzeria Locale, Boulder
- 8 slices pancetta
- 4 peaches
- 8 oz buratta
- 1 baby spring onion, red or white
- 4 oz mustard greens (or similar spicy green)
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay pancetta slices on parchment paper lined sheet tray. Bake until golden and crispy. When finished, allow to cool and drain on a cooling rack or paper towels.
- Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Generously cover the cut sides with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill peaches on a very hot grill, cut side down, until grill marks are achieved. This should take about one and a half minutes. Set peaches aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and mix with mustard greens.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly dress your mustard greens and spring onions with a drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon and pinch of salt.
- Slice peach halves into four or five pieces.
- Divide ingredients equally onto four plates and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.