Like the rest of the world, many Americans have seen event after event cancelled this year in response to the pandemic. But in 2021 there is light at the end of the tunnel — RiverWonderGrass has announced their official expedition lineup. These unique outdoor adventures are in-person and full of creative inspiration.
Festival founder Scotty Stoughton dreamed of a multi-day river experience that brought together friends and artists of the WinterWonderGrass community, and thus RiverWonderGrass was born. The team behind the WinterWonderGrass Music & Brew Festival is thrilled to offer RiverWonderGrass in collaboration with Bonfire Entertainment, WWG Festival promoters and Adrift Dinosaur.
“The power of an overnight river trip to heal you emotionally, challenge you physically and nurture you spiritually has become my medicine, and I wanted to share!” shares Stoughton.
Event dates and artists of RiverWonderGrass 2021 include:
- June 12 – Yampa River – Daniel Rodriguez, Tyler Grant & Special Guests
- June 17 – Yampa River – Mishka (Reggae/Folk)
- June 23 – Gates of Lodore – Lech & Lorenzo (California Honeydrops)
- July 2 – Gates of Lodore – Pickin on the Dead
- July 8 – Gates of Lodore – Pixie & the Partygrass Boys
- July 18 – Gates of Lodore – Lindsay Lou, Tyler Grant & Special Guest
- July 23 – Gates of Lodore – WinterWonderWomen (Ladies-only expedition ft. Bridget Law & Lindsay Lou)
- August 20 – Gates of Lodore – Trout Steak Revival
- August 27 – Gates of Lodore – WinterWonderGrass All-stars
- September 9 – Gates of Lodore – Buffalo Commons
Expeditions are four days in total, with the exception of the two Yampa trips which are five days. The experience will be intimate, capped at 20 participants to account for the musicians and the support staff, and include all meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all equipment, guides, music and experiences.
Experience pristine white water, deserted beach campsites and sweet bluegrass music. Tickets and more information for all trips can be found here.
Photos courtesy of RiverWonderGrass.